Re: Oldworld Serial Console

On Friday, September 24, 2004, at 02:08 AM, Brad Boyer wrote:

I haven't tried it on ppc, but I use it on 68k macs sometimes. I usually use ZTerm on another mac and a standard mac printer cable for the connection.

Don't you need a null-modem cable? Or is there something I don't know about the old Apple serial interface printers? (Like -- do they present a DTE-like interface, so *all* printer cables are essentially null-modem cables? That would explain why my Mac guru friend just happened to have some lying around and was so willing to loan one to me... <-8)

"Curioser and curioser", said Alice.

Rick