kernel update

Hello.

I've just managed to install debian ppc on a powermac g4 (stable). indeed an interesting experience. I would like however to upgrade to a more recent kernel on my machine, like 2.4.27, but searching the archives of this list gives me nothing to work with really.. I assume that the process is a little more complex than just download from kernel.org and "make oldconfig". :)

My question is if anyone else has done this and can give some hints or pointers on the process?

Thanks.