unstable in lombard

I've just installed testing and then "dist-upgrade"d it to unstable. I'm new with linux in portables, and this machine is a Powerbook G3 Lombard (Bronze Keyboard). I installed pbbutons and gtkpbbuttons. For X I installed X11 and XFCE. gtkpbbuttons is not working apparently... does it work at all with XFCE? and another thing, if I close the lid, the screen goes black, but the computer doesn't go to sleep. What do I have to do to make it go to sleep when I close the lid?

--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]