keyboard problems with 2.6.8-5

Wondering if anyone besides myself has had their usb keyboard stop working or working very sluggishly after upgrading to 2.6.8-5 powerpc-smp ? I can’t figure out why this is happening, but it affects the console and X.  USB trackball is working fine BTW. The previous iteration of 2.6.8 didn’t have this issue.

I also noticed that for some odd reason my X is running on console F2 instead of the normal console F7, not sure that this would have anything to do with the first problem or why this is the case.