install (boot) problem sarge powerbook G3 (wallstreet)

Hi all,

This is starting to drive me crazy by now so I hope someone has got an
I'm trying to install Debian on my Powerbook G3 (wallstreet)
Base install seems to work allright, but I can't get the system booted.

quik doesn't seem to work, and when I try bootx I get the following

VFS: Cannot open root device "hda7" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

I'm using BootX v1.2.2 (hoping to use quik later on so I can do away
with my mac partition)

If I drop to shell during install I see that hda7 is mounted as:

When I try to put that in the box in BootX I get the same error message
(obviously with "hda7" replaced with "/dev/ide......")

Any help would be greatly appriciated.