Re: How to boot w/o initrd?

'ello,

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 07:05, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Are you sure you built all necessary drivers into the kernel?  If yes,

Nope -- not really used to PPC hardware at all yet :-).  I was hoping
that if I left stuff out it wouldn't go this badly wrong :-).

Hopefully when I have told yaboot to not bother loading an initrd, I
will be able to continue with my trial and error experiments...

> maybe you should leave out the initrd option altogether?

I did -- I disabled initrd support in my kernel but yaboot.conf expects
there to be one (at least I am pretty sure that is the problem).  The
Debian kernel-image package needs an initrd to boot and doesn't seem to
be able to find it ATM.

I'll try your advice about how to get the d-i CD to recognise my hard
disk ASAP (I'm a little busy with University work and a couple of other
projects right now, unfortunately).  Many thanks anyway for the
suggestions.  I will undoubtedly let the list know how it goes :-).

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>