Re: Kernel 2.6.8-powerpc problems (cdrom, battery notification, dhclient)

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:59:35 +0200
Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 06:19:41PM -0500, Mannequin* wrote:

> > > Could you fill a bug report against hotplug/discover or both about this ?
> Well, they mostly work together to cover each others blank points at this
> point, and furthermore there is discover (2) and discover1 to further muddle
> the water. Could you try installing discover1 and reboot to see if it solves
> your problem.
>
> Notice also that a clean install of sarge adds :
>
>   ide-cd
>   ide-detect
>
> to /etc/modules.

Alright, I've installed discover1, and added ide-cd and ide-detect to my
/etc/modules. I can now mount my cdrom! (Although, I can't eject it, it
complains that it is unable to open /dev/hdc... no big deal.) You still want me
to file a bug report?

> > <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=248433>
> >
> > Is this in any way different from that?
>
> Please fill a followup, to know the problem is still alive.
>
> And add a note that the d-i people have somehow worked around this issue.

Will do.

> > > Could you try 2.6.8 and fill a bug report against hotplug/discover ? I
> > > don't really know which one is in charge, maybe you should fill the bug
> > > report at kernel and let us triage it correctly.
> >
> > I want to be clear on this, you want me to file a bug report against both
> > the kernel (2.6.8) and hotplug?
>
> Well, it is definitively not a kernel issue, but i was suggesting you fill one
> at the kernel, and then let us reassign it to the correct hotplug/discover
> folk.

Okay, so I'll just fill out a bug report against the kernel then.

Thanks for your help!
-M.