Re: no sound + backlit keyboard not lighting up (PowerBook G4/Sarge)
- To: debian-powerpc list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: no sound + backlit keyboard not lighting up (PowerBook G4/Sarge)
- From: "Matthew T. Atkinson" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:00:13 +0100
- Message-id: <1093176013.1037.2.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1092952742.7367.4.camel@electron>
- References: <1092923329.22225.127.camel@localhost> <1092952742.7367.4.camel@electron>
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 22:59, Alain Perry wrote:
> > Finally, for some reason pbbuttonsd is not supporting my backlit
> > keyboard -- all the tabs are greyed out in powerprefs. I know it works
> > 'cos I've seen it in OS X -- am I missing another device node? I have
> > /dev/adb. I don't have APM emulation but I'd be surprised if I needed
> > that to get the keyboard to light up.
> I think you need i2c-keywest module for this to work. I believe the
> backlit keyboard is supported on all powerbooks at the moment...
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to recompile my own kernel (Debian
kernel-source-2.6.8) and it appeared to be using the config from my
existing kernel-image package. KeyWest was compiled in (not as a
module), so I don't think it is too likely to work when it is a module.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to try this out because make-kpkg
fails at building the debian/buildinfo file :-(.
bye just now,
Matthew T. Atkinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>