Re: Old world mac

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 06:41:57PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> On Friday 13 August 2004 01:23 am, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > > Put then into the Linux Kernel Folder, reboot the G3, selected vmlinux
> > > from BootX, click no video driver, Options, use RAM Disk, selected
> > > initrd.gz and clicked Linux.
> >
> > Try the netboot/2.4 ones please.
>
> These work. Went through the installer and got the error message quik needs
> root to be ext2, would I like to go back.

Cool. What version of d-i did you use ? i thought the quik installer was fixed
recently, but if it was not, please fill a bug report.

> I choose continue without boot loader, assuming I'd still be able to boot with
> BootX, finished the install. Rebooted, and I get nothing.

Well, theoretically you should be able to boot with the serial console or
whatever.

> I get a flashing floppy icon.

maybe an option to make a miboot floppy or something could be a solutions also ?

> > If you could get us more info on what the problem is, that would be nice.
> > Maybe this old mac has a serial output you could capture the serial log on
> > ?
>
> I'll see if I can find a mini-8(?) serial cable.

That would be cool indeed. Also, i will be building 2.6.8 based miboot kernels
nextly, it would be great if you could test those (quickly if possible).

Friendly,

Sven Luther