Re: pmac 7500 kernel + of

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:30:18PM +0200, jan gregor wrote:
> I am trying to compile own kernel on my powermac 7500 200Mhz (604). Has
> anyone working 2.4 kernel config for such computer? I am trying to build
> vanilla 2.4.27 but it hangs immediatelly after quik ends, it does not
> even start. Are there any known issues with non-modular vanilla kernels
> on oldworld pmacs?

I use quik with 2.4.27 on a 7600.  On that model, video support in OF
is unreliable. I connect a terminal emulater (minicom) via a serial
line to the modem port (which is where the OF I/O goes after resetting
the PRAM via command-option-P-R). I have this box configured headless,
so after it boots, it runs a login (getty) process on the serial line.

Let me know if you want my .config for 2.4.27

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u