Re: "Debian Within a Darwin System"

You can boot from a Darwin CD and install it on an OldWorld system with the help of XPostFacto from Ryan Rempel at http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/. Even with its help, it could may be not an easy job to install into a 7500 system (some stories at the xpostfacto forum).
To install on such systems, you will need G3 or G4 upgrade cards (http://eshop.macsales.com/Accelerators/index.cfm).
At the forum you can find several articles dealing with a Darwin Installation (albeit the vast majority deals with a Mac OS X installation).
I think you can resurrect some old -but excellent- mac hardware with much less money than purchasing a new system, and the old systems could be good servers in tasks such as email, dns, or print services.
With the Quadra you will have less luck.