PowerStack DT604-100

Hi all,

I got a question about Debian Linux on Motorola PowerStack DT604-100.

It seems that the linux works for it, but it does not load the base

system after I install it and then load off the hard drive. It calls

some type of mistake saying it cannot load root: VFS error 08:01

I will give you more detailed info if you will

have problem determining the problem. I assume that even though

PowerStack DT604 is not part of E series, because it boots

installation off CD and installs base system, it's probably must be

working on DT604 too... I have PPC1Bug there, 256 MB of parity RAM.

All devices are on the SCSI II Bus (DatStrimmer, CD-ROM, HDD, Terminator at the end);

I have a SCSI II Fast IBM Hard Drive there, I partioned it like this:

sda1  Boot  PReP Boot   8.21 Mb

sda2        Linux Swap  152.3 Mb

sda3        Linux       2000.7 Mb

Maybe there is something wrong when I am partitioning, maybe I do not

need to make PReP partition a boot partition? Did anybody tried to work with that machine.

If somebody did, can they tell me what OSes work on it and can I get a

newer PPCBug from somebody. I know that AIX got to be working but I

didn't make 4.3.3 work, I heard that the latest version that is

working is 4.1.4...

Thank you for your help, I hope the letter will reach the community

Sincerely, Vladimir

P.S. I am resending this again, in case my letter already didn't get into the list, because last time I have sent it to the wrong place.