jasper / jiv working under powerpc?

Hi,

as the Debian maintainer of jasper (JPEG 2000 library), I got a report
from a MacOS X user that jiv (the JPEG 2000 image viewer) segfaults
under MacOS X. Unfortunately, I don't have a powerpc (sponsors welcome
:), and the Debian Developer machines don't help here (bruckner is
currently unreachable, malo is restricted, and voltaire doesn't forward
X11).

Would someone please try jiv and tell me if the Debian version works? To
do this, install the package libjasper-runtime, create a JPEG 2000
image, e.g.:

  $ jasper -f test.jpg -F test.jp2 -T jp2 -O rate=0.01

then, run jiv:

  $ jiv test.jp2

Please CC me privately, I'm not subscribed.

Thanks!

bye,
  Roland