Re: jasper / jiv working under powerpc?

Reply to the mail from Roland Stigge (stigge@antcom.de):

> Hi,
>
> as the Debian maintainer of jasper (JPEG 2000 library), I got a report
> from a MacOS X user that jiv (the JPEG 2000 image viewer) segfaults
> under MacOS X. Unfortunately, I don't have a powerpc (sponsors welcome
> :), and the Debian Developer machines don't help here (bruckner is
> currently unreachable, malo is restricted, and voltaire doesn't forward
> X11).
>
> Would someone please try jiv and tell me if the Debian version works? To
> do this, install the package libjasper-runtime, create a JPEG 2000
> image, e.g.:
>
>   $ jasper -f test.jpg -F test.jp2 -T jp2 -O rate=0.01
>
> then, run jiv:
>
>   $ jiv test.jp2
>
> Please CC me privately, I'm not subscribed.

It does not segfault on my iBook G4. But I tried with a 1284x960 sized jpeg file first and it did not gave a correct result:
The image was overlaid by strange vertical color bars. A 640x480 image performed better but had still a blue vertical bar on the left side.

Also jiv used up 100% processor time and flickered a lot.

 -Arne