Re: How to configure yaboot for initrd? I need help...

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:57, Cedric Pradalier wrote:

>  Maybe, but when your system is dead saying only "syntax error", it is
>  the only solution I found to restore the situation from osx. Can you
>  propose a better one ? Knowing that I didn't have a rescue disk at
> hand.
>
>  To avoid having to use this rescue method, I added this syntax checking
>  step in my ybin but Ethan does not seem to be interested by patches for
>  version 1.3.

I suggest that you simply start maintaining it. Ethan shouldn't
object, since he'd kind of disowned the old code, but even if
he does... somebody's got to maintain it.

Version 2 could be years away. It's already been 2.5 years
since the rewrite was started.