Re: How to configure yaboot for initrd? I need help...

According to Colin Watson, on Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:25:38 +0100,
>On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:22:23PM +0200, ocrilankis wrote:
>> I have read all the answers about yaboot configuration for initrd but
>I > have the same problem: I don't know how to configure yaboot to
>accept the > initrd image. Can you help me to understand what I have to
>put in my > yaboot.conf ?
>
>image=/vmlinux
>        label=Linux
>        read-only
>        initrd=/initrd.img

Just two general notes for people having problem with yaboot.

First, the yaboot partition is mountable from macosx.
mount -t hfs /dev/hda2 /Volume/Yaboot
One can then find the yaboot.conf file in there and correct some syntax
error or make any necessary correction.

While waiting for yaboot 2.*, I've extracted the yaboot.conf parsing
code from yaboot, and I insert it in my ybin script. By this way I no
longer have a dead system for a syntax error...
All the informations can be found on http://cedric.pradalier.free.fr

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail