Re: iBookG4 pseudo-sleep / 2.6.3 problems

begin  Sam George <debian@spishack.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:57:44 +0200
> Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 09:33:01PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
>> > I experienced the same problem at me with a 2.6.6 kernel. If the lid is
>> > closed a unknown period the ibook powers off. The G4 doesn't support
>> > sleep-mode currently so the backgroud light is only switched off. But
>> > maybe there is a piece hardware which powers off the iBook if the lid is
>> > close too long. I have also the presumption that this only happens if it
>> > runs with battery, but I'm not sure.
>> >
>> > Does anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?
>>
>> Yes, I had that once too. Shortly closing the lid does no harm, but
>> a few minutes shut it down. Recent iBook G4 (1 Mhz), Bens 2.4.25,
>> PowerBook6,5. I have not experimented further on this. And yes, this
>> was on battery.
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>>          Helge
>
> This problem also exists with 2.4.25-powerpc on a pismo.  It maybe
> something to do with pbbuttonsd and seems to only happen when you set

I wouldn't say its caused by pbbuttonsd, because I suppose pbbuttonsd
shutdown the system cleanly and not call halt -f. I don't think it is a
problem the system is shut down, but is should happen cleanly (unmounting
all filesystems).

Jörg.
end.
--
Thema: Der FSR bringt die Evalusationshefte erst ein Semester nach der
Evaluation raus.