Re: quik 2.0 killed my beige G3

Hi,

Christoph Ewering writes:

> The partition is not mounted when I boot from a MacOS CD.  But when
> I put the disk into an firewire-case I can mount this partition
> under MacOS X.

This usually means that the driver partitions on the disk are damaged.
Mac OS needs them, Mac OS X has its own way of accessing the disk and
doesn't care.  Does the disk show up in Drive Setup from the Mac OS
CD?  Then you could find the exact location of your data partitions
using pdisk from Mac OS X, create new driver partitions with Drive
Setup from Mac OS, and restore the data partitions with pdisk.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!