quik 2.0 killed my beige G3

Hello !

I was running "testing" on my beige G3 with kernel 2.6.6. I used a little Partition with MacOS 9.1 on it to boot with BootX into Linux.

A few days ago I did what I always do "apt-get update, apt-get upgrade" and then there was the final question about quik and if it should install to boot from /dev/hdb9. And stupid me I typed return. At the next reboot my beige G3 could not start into linux :-(

How do I get my old boot-sequenze back?

Every hint is highly welcome.
I thougth of "dd" some blocks from a bootable disk to my unbootable disk but I do not know which blocks to copy.

Bye,
Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering
C & E Mediensysteme GmbH

Hatzfelder Str. 68F             Tel.:       05254 - 80 68 66
33104 Paderborn               Fax.:      05254 - 80 68 64
eweri@cunde.de                Mob.:     0173- 566 266 1
http://www.cunde.de