Re: Excluding modules from auto-loading

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:54:32PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 the mental interface of
> Richard Guenther told:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I installed kernel-image-powerpc and now on boot a lot of modules get
> > loaded that I don't need.  F.i. ipv6, ext3, nfsd and ieee1394 - can I
> > somehow prevent loading of these modules at startup (apart from deleting
> > them, of course)?
> >
> > Thanks for any hints,
>
> What about to build a kernel just for your needs?

Please don't suggest that, it is counter productive. Having the debian
kernel build all modules is fine, we just need to find a way of more
selectively selecting what modules are loaded or not.

Saddly, the mess of mkinitrd's init script, both discovers and now
hotplug also playing in is a mess, and makes it more difficult.

Friendly,

Sven Luther