Re: Excluding modules from auto-loading

Hi,

Richard Guenther writes:

> I installed kernel-image-powerpc and now on boot a lot of modules
> get loaded that I don't need.  F.i. ipv6, ext3, nfsd and ieee1394 -
> can I somehow prevent loading of these modules at startup (apart
> from deleting them, of course)?

You are probably using hotplug.  One way to avoid loading unwanted
modules is to put them in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.  Another is to
deinstall the package completely and put only the modules you need
into /etc/modules.

As far as the extra filesystem drivers are concerned, they are loaded
by the initrd.  To get rid of them, unload the ones you don't need and
rebuild the initrd.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!