Re: Booting installer on RS/6000 43p-140

Hallo Sven,
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 09:30:02AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 07:00:21PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > Hello,
> > for helping d-i I got an 43p-140 (IBM RS/6000).  Since there are no
> > specific install instructions on
> > http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/index.html
>
> Cool, ...

(To your other mail): Yes, I want to do it with d-i, especially since
I want to look at a specific part (if possible).

> Ah, this is a PReP machine, very fine then. It won't naturally not boot
> yaboot, but you should try netbooting :
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/daily/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

Great. I will try this, probably Tuesday. Is there some HOWTO/docu for
netbooting d-i? (Sorry if something obvious exists, I am on dial-in
right now).

> Or even the 2.6 kernel when it will become available (tomorrow i think,
> but i can build you a special one) :
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer/daily-powerpc-built/daily/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd

If you think a special one works better, then simply tell me when it
is ready.

> > The tutorial from Rolf Brudeseth mentioned on the ports page seems to
> > be gone.
>
> Well, feel free to contribute to the debian-installer installation
> manual a prep specific part, i would help you as best i can on this.

Sure, I will provide all the details I needed to the appropriate
author of the section (you?).

Greetings

           Helge
--