Re: Netgear MA111 - USB works perfectly in a Debian PowerBook

According to Rob Weir, on Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:08:02 +1000,
>[please don't take questions off-list]

Sorry for that.

>On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:28:06AM +0200, Cedric Pradalier said
>> According to Rob Weir, on Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:49:57 +1000,
>> >On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 11:08:07AM +0200, Cedric Pradalier said
>> >
>> >I do.  In fact, I'm not sure what I did (my network/interfaces just
>> >tells it to use DHCP on wlan0), but my ibook jumped onto a network
>> >before I even finished sitting down in a wirelessified cafe here.
>> >

>> Would you mind sending me your /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/wlan and
>> maybe the script you use with wlanctl. I've read the howto sent on
>> the list, but I'm quite a newbie concerning wireless.
>
>I just have
>
>iface wlan0 inet dhcp
>
>in my network interfaces and run "sudo wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate
>ifstate=enable" and "sudo wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin
>ssid='<ssid>' authtype=opensystem" manually.  I didn't configure
>anything in /etc/wlan/.

My problem is this ssid. Since I'm logging in an hotspot, I've no idea
of this ID. I've read that all machine on a network should be on the
same ssid. How can I just ask for the list of available networks ?

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail