Re: Netgear MA111 - USB works perfectly in a Debian PowerBook

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 11:08:07AM +0200, Cedric Pradalier said
> Does anyone have some experience in using the MA111 in an hotspot
> network (such as (real) airports, bars...).

I do.  In fact, I'm not sure what I did (my network/interfaces just
tells it to use DHCP on wlan0), but my ibook jumped onto a network
before I even finished sitting down in a wirelessified cafe here.

> Shall I use dhcp in a way similar to normal networks ?

That works for me.

> Is there some debianized user-friendly tools for setting up such
> connection ?

Just wlanctl, as far as I know.  Not pretty, but it works well enough.

--
Words of the day:                           world domination Steve Case genetic