Re: FAQ?

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:20:23AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> It's part of powerpc-utils these days. Proper keyboard detection is iffy
> at best, if it doesn't work I need a dump of the debug output from fnset
> to come up with a better heuristics. Anyone have good documentation on how
> to recognize some ADB device for a keyboard _after_ the kernel has played
> with the handler IDs? Something more detailed than the 'space aliens ate
> my mouse' joke, please.

ADB device detection is bad inside the kernel when everything is in a
sane state. To be as sure as is possible, you really need to go through
the same sort of handler change trials that the kernel does, but doing
that after the drivers are initialized is dangerous at best. I don't
see how there is a good solution with the current ADB code. It's not
exactly an intelligent protocol.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com