Which hard drive?

Hello,

I have had a lot of problem with installation of Debian woody on my powermac. I used an IBM hard drive, because I would like to use another hard drive instead of the main one to havn't any problems with it.

But it doesn't work at all. It was reconize but I couldn't write any parttion on it. Then, I would like to know precisely which hard drive can I used ? Its model and its characteristics? Is there anybody can help me?

My mac is an powermac G4 version 3.2(the gray one) of 1Ghz and 256 MB.
And the image iso I use is this one : a  Debian  woody 3.0.2 ppc.

Thanks  in advance for any help.

Sophie