Re: Sarge Installer on an oldworld/bootx machine

Hi,

Eric David Hedekar writes:

> Where do I find the Sarge kernel and initrd?  I've only been able to find
> the woody versions of these through the debian ftp sites.

You can find a number of images in the "other boot images" section of
the d-i homepage <URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>.
For example, a kernel and compressed ramdisk are here:

<URL:http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-pow
erpc/current/images/powerpc/netboot/vmlinux>

and here:

<URL:http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-pow
erpc/current/images/powerpc/netboot/initrd.gz>

> > The CDs won't boot on OldWorld Macs, I'm afraid.
>
> Does this mean that I have to download an burn the full 6 CD set for Sarge?

On the contrary, it means you can manage with the kernel and initrd
for a start and install the rest from the net as needed.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!