XF86Config for a 14" iBook G4

hi there,

i have been battling all night to try and get XFree86 set up on my iBook, but i
have lost. i am running testing on the 2.6.6-powerpc kernel, and no matter what
i do, when i start the xfree86-server the laptop screen goes blank and then
randomly changes between blank, white, red, green and blue. i have to do a
forced restart to get back onto a terminal again!

i have placed all relevant files on my FTP Server here:
  ftp://fommil.homeunix.org/sam/xprobs/
(X config, X log, uname+lspci and yaboot kernel parameters), but the log shows
no error at all. as far as its concerned... the display should be working.

if somebody could please help me! i must have tried about 20 different X config
files from the internet and they all do the same thing. has this maybe got
something to do with the kernel framebuffer setting? but i am using all the
debian defaults.

i got this iBook this week... surely somebody else must have X up and running on
a 1GHz G4 iBook with the Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+ graphics card!

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts