Re: ibook G4 - video out

Hi
Ok I finally got everything to work on sunday, and even managed to have the
overlay on the external screen (phew!), my config can work no matter if there
is an external screen or not, it'll automatically adjust to the appropriate
resolution (I tried four different monitors ranging from 12" to 17" and all
of them work immediately!!)
This is using M Daenzer Xfree dri trunk for sid patched with this
http://linuxuanl.org/~jpablo/stuff/ibook-screen/radeon-new.diff

My configuration is here :
http://seb.france.free.fr/linux/ibookG4/XF86Config-4.dri-trunk-patched

I used a small program called xvattr to switch the overlay to the external
display thanks to the xv attribute XV_SWITCHCRT

I'll document all this in details soon,
Thanks
seb