Re: How can I use kernel patches (kernel-tree 2.6.6)

Hi,

Roland Wegmann writes:

> I have apt-getted the testing kernel-tree 2.6.6. This package has some
> kernel patches (as far as I know), but I have no idee how to use these
> patches. What do I have to do that I can use the features of kernel patches?

kernel-tree-2.6.6 has pulled in kernel-source-2.6.6, which contains a
kernel tree with the Debian patches already applied.

> I know the whole kernel compilation procedure (on a newbie level) from
> 'make menuconfig' to 'dpkg -i ...', but i have never patched kernel
> sources. Is there a debian-kernel-patch-howto?

There is an option '--added-patches' for make-kpkg.  You may want to
install kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.6 and apply that on top of the Debian
kernel source.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!