Re: Apple built-in Bluetooth not appearing in /dev

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:53:53PM -0400, Barry Hawkins wrote:

> List,
> 	I am running a 2.6.5-rc3-ben0 kernel with a sid installation on a
> 1.25GHz 15" Aluminum PowerBook G4, which has built-in Bluetooth.
> Although bluez-utils installed just fine and all of the messages on
> startup indicate that hcid, rfcomm, l2cap, etc. are starting just fine,
> I have no Bluetooth device available.  At first I thought it was
> because I did not have an appropriate device driver compiled as a
> kernel module, but I think I have eliminated that possibility (see
> kernel config excerpt below).  When I run 'hcitool dev', nothing shows
> up:

That's correct. I just noticed that on boot the bluetooth interface on my
laptop is down. In which case hcitool won't show any devices. You can use
hciconfig to turn on your bluetooth device (works like ifconfig)

  Sjoerd
--
The truth you speak has no past and no future.  It is, and that's all it
needs to be.