Re: Poweron timer on iBook G3 (PPC_RTAS?)

According to Thomas Otto, on Fri, 28 May 2004 22:59:18 +0200,
>Hi!
>
>I just noticed OS X allows to set a time at which the laptop
>automatically turns on, this seems to correlate to the kernel option
>"Support for RTAS (RunTime Abstraction Services) in /proc (PPC_RTAS)
>[N/y/?]" which says "[...] if you power off your machine at night but
>want it running when you enter your office at 7:45 am, do a
># date -d 'tomorrow 7:30' +%s > /proc/rtas/poweron and shutdown."
>
>(from arch/ppc/Kconfig +750 in the 2.6 kernelsource, complete entry
>appended)
>
>Yet after compiling this into the kernel I have neither /proc/rtas/ nor
>a /proc/device-tree/rtas so I wonder if there is another way to access
>this variable e.g. via nvsetenv?
>

>Or is there a general interface to this "hardware-wakeup"? IIRC some
>x86 bios also have a boottimer, yet i have never seen a userspace
>interface to this...

I've browsed a little the code for this in darwin, and I found this
http://cvs.opendarwin.org/index.cgi/src/PowerManagement/pmconfigd/AutoWakeScheduler.c

This means that the functionnality is meant to exists.
I loose the track in the function tellPMUScheduledTime. Someone can
follow up maybe.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail