Re: iBook 800Mhz G3 fan on a lot

>> Second, the fan control chip may be initialized with too low
>thresholds> (on my G3, they are too high).
>> I have a kernel patch to access it and I need testers to make it
>> included in the kernel :o). So if you mind... have a look at
>> http://cedric.pradalier.free.fr/ibook2/index.html
>> and report !
>
>Through lack of time I've avoided compiling myself and am lazily using
>the stock unstable kernel (2.6.6-powerpc #1 Thu May 13). I'll get
>around to compiling for myself in a bit, and let you know how I get on.
>
>Thanks,
>Rory

Hi Rory,

	I undestand that it is not practical to compile a kernel just to test a
module. So I just tried to make it available in a binary form.

Can you try adding

deb http://cedric.pradalier.free.fr/ibook2/ ./

in you /etc/apt/sources.list file ?

You should be able to install a package adm103x-module-2.6.6-powerpc,
and eventually, after modprobing the therm_adm103x module, you can
install wmadm, a small dockable app to monitor your ibook temperature.

When loading therm_adm103x, it should output default parameter of the
adm103x chip in syslog. Can you report them ? I wonder if this is a
constant value for any ibook ?

thanks.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail