Re: debian boot CDs & G5

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 06:37:31PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther writes:
>
> > So, we only need to trim the discover database to what is in the
> > initrd, or what we want to load at this stage ?
>
> Using discover is pointless if you already know what to load.

Does discover have any arguments to say *what* you want to discover?

Like 'discover --network-only' ?

Please don't assume the root filesystem is going to be on a local disk
also.. Discover probably needs some work to understand things like:

* Root on nfs
* Root on network block device/iscsi device
* Root USB storage
* Root on firewire storage

I can do the root on nfs work if someone can point me at which packages
to look at and some documentation on how it's all supposed to work.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz