Re: debian boot CDs & G5

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> Cool. Why is it in the NEW queue though ?

Well, 2.6.6-3 adds tracker packages, 2.6.6-4 adds tracker packages
*and* removes the g5 flavour.

> And any progress on the mkvmlinuz issue

What issue?

> On the other side, i still have problem with the initrd, i was able to
> regain keyboard support with the following modules : atkbd, serio and
> i8042.

Cool.  You're getting there.

> I still think that it would be better to have a fully fledged discover
> in the initrd, just to be on the safe side, but nobody else seems to
> comment on that.

No.  The initrd should only contain the modules needed for bringing up
the root filesystem, and maybe using the console.  It is mkinitrd's
duty to figure out what's needed.  If the resulting initrd doesn't
work, it's a bug in mkinitrd and needs to be fixed.

This may sound a little harsh, but I went through this with the
Powermac support and it worked out very well.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!