Re: debian boot CDs & G5

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:10:59PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Colin Watson writes:
>
> > On reflection, considering my lack of ability to test this stuff, I've
> > just taken the easy option and arranged for separate g5 2.6 images to be
> > built. I missed out a build-dependency, but that's fixed in svn now.
>
> Excellent timing :)
>
> Two days ago, in revision 2.6.6-4, we added a patch that fixes the
> serial driver, so the g5 flavour is history and the power4 flavour
> runs on both the G5 and the pSeries now.  Currently, the upload is
> stuck in the new queue.

Cool. Why is it in the NEW queue though ?

And any progress on the mkvmlinuz issue, and auto generating the non
pmac images ?

On the other side, i still have problem with the initrd, i was able to
regain keyboard support with the following modules : atkbd, serio and
i8042. I also had to add the via82cxxx module for getting the ide driver
loaded, and i believe that only this one would be enough, i guess it
needs to be hand added to /bin/init of the initrd, i will do this
tomorrow.

I still think that it would be better to have a fully fledged discover
in the initrd, just to be on the safe side, but nobody else seems to
comment on that.

Colin, what about the 2.6 .udebs, do you have generated most of the new
module .udebs, or mostly only those usable on pmac ?

More on this tomorrow,

Friendly,

Sven Luther