Re: ALSA on TiBook IV spitting out garbage?

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:22:23PM -0500, JUSTIN RANDALL DITTMANN wrote:
> Ok, so I compiled a kernel with all the ALSA stuff enabled as a module, and I
> can get the mixers to work and the computer DOES play sound... it just plays
> garbage (kinda like a heartbeat monitor with ALOT of static).
>
> Anyways... I'm fed up with monkeying with it, and figured I should ask the
> experts (that's you).
>
> I ran alsaconf and it set it up and all that good stuff (installed alsa-utils and alsa-base via apt-get, unstable.  Kernel is 2.6.6 with alsa compiled in).
>
> BEGIN LSMOD OUTPUT)
> Here's what lsmod tells me:
> Module                  Size  Used by
> dmasound_core          20484  0

  dmasound is the OSS driver for powermacs. Now as this is only the core it
  could be that there is no problem here, but i would try to turn of OSS
  completely just to be sure.

    Sjoerd
--
Everything in this book may be wrong.
		-- Messiah's Handbook : Reminders for the Advanced Soul