Re: pbbuttonsd script interface - future?

Hi Matthias,
On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:01 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Hi,
> Today I would ask for opinions and ideas about the future of pbbuttonsd's
> script interface. To become more flexible and maybe share development and
> infrastructure with other powermanagement systems (like apmd) for sure the
> script environment and maybe the interface must be reformed.

> Are two modes (minimum power consumption, maximum performance) enough or
> do we need an additional custom mode? Makes such a mode sense? Will it be used
> by the user?

I'd like to see some scripts for "sleep" and "wakeup". In particular I
would like, if while logged in, scripts in my home directory (perhaps
".sleeprc" and "wakeuprc") could be  sourced.  Would be useful for say
waking a fetchmail daemon to check mail.

Also, as someone else mentioned, differentiate between ac and battery
for different power/performance levels.

Thanks for asking for input,

digger