Re: Tips for a PPC newbie?

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 11:52, Sean Schertell wrote:

> 1)  Is it possible to get a 2.6 kernel, Debian SID, KDE 3.2 with *perfect*
> sleep/wake functionality, sound, and hardware accel graphics on my TiBook
> 550MHz?

I think so - others have reported successes, and if YDL does run, you'll
be pleased to know it works well on the TiBook

> 2) I have a superfast (28Mb/sec) internet connection, what's the best install
> path for me?  Download ISO's?  If so, where are the SID for PPC ISO's?

Download the small files, following
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html or in my case, I grabbed a
40MB XFS ISO

Install via the Net after that, to get a basic system up and running,
you'll only require ~400MB or so

> 3) I saw some great links on the Debian site for installing to iBooks and a
> TiBook3, any other links I should know about before I start?  If not, does
> anyone have any advice about installing SID to a TiBook (especially a 550)?

Follow the other resources, I'm sure you'd be fine. Remember to track
unstable (sid) for all the fun stuff :)
--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/