"Illegal instruction" when running gnucash

Hi,

when I'm trying to run gnucash, the splash screen opens and displays
some information about loading modules.  It then disappears, and the
program crashes with an "illegal instruction" signal.

This is on an iBook2.2 with an up-to-date Debian sid and a 2.6.4 kernel.
I searched around a little but couldn't find anything specific for my
situation.  I'm afraid, that it is because of a wrongly downloaded
library.  I'm about to download and reinstall my entire distribution,
but I thought before I do that I ask on the list.  Maybe someone of you
has a better idea.

Thanks,
Viktor
--
!!! Listen live to reboot.fm !!!

Tune in to 104.10 MHz if you're in Berlin, Germany or listen to the internet
stream at http://www.reboot.fm/stream/ .