Re: 2.6.5 & iBook 2.2

Colin Charles <byte@bytebot.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a good .config for an iBook 2.2 to work with kernel
> 2.6.5? I've attached mine, and I notice that the screen is a bit weird
> in X - there are lines running thru it
>
> If it matters, I've installed module-init-tools, also have dbus-1, udev,
> initscripts, and libselinux1 (I thought I needed udev so all the others
> are dependencies of it).

I suppose you have the same laptop as mine :)
Udev won't create fb nodes in /dev and X needs them to use fbdev.
Nodes are not created as the kernel does not yet have sysfs support
for fb drivers. You need them to create by hand or with
/etc/udev/links.conf Marco added in his package.

Mine is attached

> Another question - how do I mount my USB thumb drive conveniently? The
> old method of:
> 	mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /floppy
>
> doesn't seem to work now either :(

I guess sda* partitions are not created by udev but sda.
I saw a workaround somewhere to get them created along with sda, but I
can't find it immediatly.
Maybe a simple fdisk on it (no write) will make udev create them.

Regards,

 --
Mathieu Segaud

Set it to use vi as editor, rm `which pico` and be happy - usually patch
is mangled by pico, not pine itself.

..ooO(and if somebody starts whining "but puko is user-friendly" you don't want
their patches anyway)

	- Alexander Viro giving advice on pine&pico