Re: XFree86 issue with PowerBook G4 15" 1.25GHz ATI Radeon 9600

On Apr 1, 2004, at 11:06 PM, Federico Gamio wrote:

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 22:36, Barry Hawkins wrote:
List,
	I have been trying to get XFree86 running on my system for several
days.  I have been scouring our archives and some others, which has
helped me rule out a number of issues. To date, my core issue seems to
be that my XFree86 installation does not recognize my video card.

I posted all the files you need at
http://isadora.homelinux.net/debian/powerbook/
You need kernel 2.6.3 (you can find a .deb of my kernel, the 2.6.5 is
under testing, so use 2.6.3 :)
You need also to get my sources.list and you need to install the
following packages:
[...]

Federico,
Thanks so much for the assistance. I will try these things as soon as I get home today, since I don't have dialup working yet. I have a question: is there a location for rsyncing to earlier 2.6.x kernels? I would like to try to successfully compile a 2.6 kernel myself, so as to be able to learn more.

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed