Re: Strange modem prob on pismo, Solved!

Hey All,

I'm embarassed to say that the modem problem seems to have been
related to my init string not working properly. I used kermit to login
manually to my ISP and it all worked??!! So I looked more carefully at
my chatscript at noticed that I had been using:

  '' ATZL1M1X3

it seems that the extra 'Z' was part of a 'Z0' that got mangled. So
the modem was returning 'OK' and continuing without executing the
other commands.

I don't know why trying the MacOS init string didn't work, though, but
since all I wanted was for it to work, I'm now content.

Thanks for all your advice,
jas.