I've installed 3 times and have experienced the same problem each time.
Yaboot cannot see the vmlinux link to the installed kernel. My partition
table is like this:

    #9  bootstrap
    #10 /boot
    #11 swap
    #12 /

vmlinux is on 12, pointing to the powerpc image on 10. yaboot.conf seems
fine, but when I tried to run ybin from /target I wasn't clever enough
to work out all the paths etc.

The error from yaboot 1.3.11:
/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@0:12,/vmlinux: No such file or directory

Installer info:
Sarge - Official NetInst Snapshot powerpic Binary-1 (20040330)

Thanks for any help,
Rory
--
Rory Campbell-Lange