Re: 2.6.4 on a pismo?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 17:13, jim altieri wrote:
Hello - I've tried Derrick's .config (starting from mrproper) and my system still doesn't boot properly. First of all, it doesn't mount my ext3 partition. It says it has an invalid superblock, and can't run fsck on it. It mounts just fine when I boot into 2.4. Even if I pass by that point, x refuses to start (I did get rid of the vnc stuff, since I don't have that installed) and the system hangs. Likewise, X starts fine when I boot into 2.4. Anyone else have an idea? Or a Pismo with a working 2.6 .config?
Thanks for your help,

Standard reply: use pmac_defconfig.

Ben.

Ben, thanks for your reply, but I have to say (for the sake of the
archive record) that pmac_defconfig causes a compilation error, when it
tries to compile the macserial components.  I will continue trying (I'll
make sure CONFIG_LBD is not set next time).

-jim altieri