Re: Cloned display on an external monitor with an iBook 2.2

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 18:55, Juan Pablo Mendoza wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 06:08, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> http://linuxuanl.org/~jpablo/stuff/ibook-screen/radeon-new.diff
>
> It adds a UseFWPLL option, when set to true would make the values for
> div_3 and ref_div to be read from the registers, it Works For Me (TM)
> (in a ibook 2.2 g3 800mhz 12" lcd, radeon m7), testing and comments are
> welcomed.

Basically looks good to me, only some minor comments:

      * I'm not sure about the option name; in a way, the driver already
        tries to use PLL values from the firmware (the video BIOS). What
        about something like "PreservePLL"?
      * It is customary to add a field to the RADEONInfo struct instead
        of always calling the option handling functions.
      * Documenting the option in the manpage would also be great.