Re: Cloned display on an external monitor with an iBook 2.2

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:55:09 -0600,
Juan Pablo Mendoza gracefully wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 06:08, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> The patch in its current form is an ugly hack and probably breaks
>other> hardware.
>
>I just hacked something more generic:
>
>http://linuxuanl.org/~jpablo/stuff/ibook-screen/radeon-new.diff
>
>It adds a UseFWPLL option, when set to true would make the values for
>div_3 and ref_div to be read from the registers, it Works For Me (TM)
>(in a ibook 2.2 g3 800mhz 12" lcd, radeon m7), testing and comments are
>welcomed.

Works perfectly here. Unfortunately it is exactly the same machine, so
there is not much surprise....

Do you think there is a way to have DPMS really working without useFBDev?
I mean, really switching off the backlight instead of blanking ?

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail