Re: /etc/power/apm fifo

Hi,

Michael Schmitz writes:

> > find: -exec: no terminating ";"
>
> You're kidding, right?

Of course.

> find <someplace> -type f -exec grep -l <something> {} \; might
> actually work, though.

Listen up, kids.  Michael has just shown how you should do a recursive
grep if you don't want to run into nasty surprises.  Including, but
not limited to, testing your scripts with the Debian version of GNU
grep only, and suddenly finding them used on totally different Unix
flavors.  This alone is worth the alleged obfuscation over `grep -r'.

> You haven't seen some of the screwdrivers around here.

I probably have seen what you hint at, having moved to a new house
over the last year, and having followed and partly done myself the
refurbishing work.  Which involved tearing out and rebuilding most of
the floors, the complete roof, and a few walls.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!