Re: OldWorld won't boot new 2.6

On Monday 22 March 2004 21:46, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 12:41:47PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> > > Nope, still does the same thing.  2.4.22-powerpc boots just fine,
> > > except that it doesn't properly initialize the framebuffer, and
> > > the serial driver is build as a module, so I don't have a console
> > > on it.
> > >
> > > :/
> >
> > Update:  I thought I'd try 2.4.25-powerpc, and I get the same
> > results as with 2.6.x...
>
> Mmm, not cool. This is the one i built, right ? Have you tried also
> 2.4.25-powerpc-small ?

It looks like that sort-of works.  I now have a working framebuffer, at
least! : )

However, I get the following error message repeated over and over on the
display:
initrd-tools: 0.1.62
/sbin/init: 283: cannot open tmp/root: No such file
warning: can't open /etc/mtab: No such file or directory
umount: tmp: not mounted
Any ideas?

Pat
--