Re: 2.6.4 kernel

Hi,

Joss Winn writes:

> I've tried different config options when building but nothing seems
> to work. I'm not sure what to do next.

Read <URL:http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt>,
especially the section entitled "Known gotchas".  Set all the
configuration options described there, apart from CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE,
which should be CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE instead, since you are
using a framebuffer.  Rebuild.  Reboot.  Rejoice.

Then get rid of devfs, if you ever used it, and switch to udev.

> I've also tried using Sven's 2.4.25-powerpc .config with very few
> changes (make oldconfig), but this produces the same result.

Exactly the same thing happened to me as well :)

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!